Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It rained today.................

But only for a few minutes...........
Left Meekatharra this morning still heading north, Bloody hell this is a big country. I will first show you some of the tourist attractions around Meekatharra.
Beautiful Meekatharra scenic vista
New Motor Vehicle Dealership
and finally Hoyts Cinemas Meekatharra
It was a slow and uneventfull journey to Newman, the weather has been patchy cloud and windy, I think i did about 30km extra chasing the Hiace all over the road arriving mid afternoon. The Iron Ore operation here is massive. The Mt Whaleback mine is 5km long and 1.5km wide.
the camper beside a haulpac at the visitors centre
I was told to do a tour of the mine but I am starting to get worried about running out of time, Karajini and Ningaloo interest me more. So next time it will be. Tomorrow morning it is off to the gorges of Karajini, well the couple you can get to on sealed roads anyway. i will look at my options for Knox and Weano gorges tomorrow night from Tom Price. I definitely want to go to Weano as i went there 20 years ago and I remember it being spectacular. Maybe a day tour or hire a 4x4 for the day and hopefully there is someone doing Helicopter Flights. 
signing off for tonight, I will post again from TomPrice tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment