Sunday, August 22, 2010

A stay at Coral Bay

hello all 
After a night of light rain last night I headed off to Coral Bay. On the way I did a side trip to Charles Knife Canyon road about 30k south of Exmouth. This is a one of the very few roads which actually head up onto Cape Range. It was put in by an exploration company many years ago and now serves as a scenic drive. 
Looking From Cape Range toward Exmouth Gulf
Charles Knife Canyon
Another Canyon view with Exmouth Gulf in the background
I am booked on the sinking boat tomorrow to go coral viewing. I am not certain but I think the boat half sinks, you sit down in the hull and view the fish and coral out the sides, it is called a semi-submersible. I will bring you some pictures tomorrow, it is the only one of it's type on the reef.
After the coral trip I will be leaving the sinking boat to head to the coffee pot train in Carnarvon. I will leave you to ponder that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment